Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tourney Report 12/3/11

There's something to build on with this Jurrac deck. I went 1-3 against four of the top decks in the metagame, but I made them work for their wins. Well, except for the TGU Agent deck I played in round two.

Round one, I played against a Karakuri deck and was able to win 2-1. Good start, even with a few of the Karakuri monsters having a higher defense than the Jurracs' attack. I was able to punish my opponent for trying to use cards like Nisamu and Inashichi.

Round two, TGU Agents. My opponent played four Tour Guides in the two games we played. LOL Yugioh. Even when I mounted some offense, he was smart to not leave a Mystical Shine Ball on the table that I could easily destroy.

Round three, Dark World. My draws were horrible in the first game, opening with two Jurrac Aeolo and the one Flamvell Magician in the deck. Second game, Raioh popped up his ugly head and I draw Bottomless Trap Hole the turn after he hit the field. I didn't draw a Lance, Mind Control, or anything else that would have helped me get him off the field. Yay.

Round four, Machina Gadget. Game one ended with me having a Stardust Dragon and a Evolzar Laggia on the field. Game two, he played the gadget gameplan to perfection, using trap removal to simplify the game state while nibbling away with gadgets. Game three, he gets a Kycoo on the field and (once again) I don't draw any removal to get it off the field. Le sigh.

I think I need to play Smashing Grounds in the deck to help deal with problematic monsters. I wanted to play Dimensional Prisons, but that's too slow. I'm definitely taking the Jurrac Gallim out of the deck. Terrible card.

We'll see what happens next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment