Sunday, August 26, 2012

Litmus Test for September 1st

Everybody is excited for the upcoming changes to the ban list.  I remain skeptical, not because it's a bad list, but because I've seen modified decks like HERO still OTK with reckless abandon.

For me, the litmus test on whether or not this will be a good format is if everybody is able to stop playing three Effect Veiler in every deck they run.  For most decks, splashing Effect Veiler is the only way to keep from getting OTK'd by some summoning loop garbage that floods your opponent's field with monsters.

I am curious to see what some of our local players come up with, however.  My store is holding a box tourney on Saturday, so not only is there a new ban list, but Return of the Duelist comes out on Tuesday with it's insane amount of rarity shifts.  I hope somebody buys, like, 15 boxes and comes with a Geargia deck (since Geargiant X got shifted to secret... thanks Konami!).

I'm testing a few decks and playing around with some concepts I've seen floating around the internet.  Trying to solidify something before a regional on Sept. 15th, but I've got three more weeks to decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment